Vortic Careers: Photo and Video Intern
The photo & video intern for Vortic Watch Company will act as an assistant to our Brand Manager and marketing team. This individual will be responsible for the list of duties and responsibilities below, but in general, they will be an extension of our marketing team – able to help with all things content creation, content administration, and pre- and post-production.
Vortic Watch Company salvages and restores antique American pocket watches and turns them into one-of-a-kind wristwatches; every piece is unique and the company conducts a photo shoot for every single watch. We also produce a YouTube TV show called “Custer and Wolfe - Building a Watch Company,” where we document a behind-the-scenes look into how watches are made right here in Fort Collins, CO.
This position requires a high level of organization as there is a lot of photo and video content to collect, organize, and properly distribute. We’re looking for a creative individual who takes pride in their work and can put their own spin on the final visual product, but most importantly, we need someone who can follow detailed instructions and stay “on-brand” as they learn.
The position is part-time, paid hourly, up to 20 hours per week, and all work must be completed in-person at the Vortic manufacturing facility on Jefferson Street in Fort Collins, CO.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Photograph “Watch of the Day” watches
- Photo and video content administration i.e storage and file organization
- Photography curation and direction for website blog & social media
- General assistance to the Brand Manager
- Assist with behind-the-scenes content creation
- Photo and video trends research and analysis
Desired skills & experience
- A desire to learn and willingness to listen and collaborate.
- A familiarity with software organization and file storage (such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and other similar systems)
- An active user of social media platforms, especially YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok
- An understanding of and desire to learn more about photography and videography, especially the importance of lighting.
- Familiarity with Davinci Resolve, CaptureOne, InShot, and/or similar programs
Email a brief description of yourself, why you are interested in this position, and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position can start anytime and the desired pay rate is $15/hour.